Monday, January 3, 2011

Twelve Days of Christmas - Day 9

On the Ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
Nine Ladies Dancing

by GINA WISE

Opening this package is bittersweet, as many of those in our art community are aware that Gina has passed on. This is my first swap with Gina and I must say that the amount of detail that she puts into her art is simply breathtaking...
Our wonderful hostess Elizabeth stated on her blog during the 1st 12 Days of Christmas swap that Gina spent an insane amount of time making the little boxes to house the gifts and I believe it! These boxes are immaculately made.

Photobucket

and here is the actual art square...
Photobucket

The details of Gina's art is amazing! The dancing lady with movable arms is raised from her background and features a gorgeous glittery headdress, lace top, bejeweled belt, an "embroidered" skirt, and delicate black glittery slippers on her feet. Gina completes the setting by adding an shiny embossed floor that looks to be colored with some alcohol inks, a beautiful pink "wallpaper" with silver stars, and a pink curtain with silver embellishments. Gina was a gifted artist and I am so thankful that I am able to own one of her handmade beauties.
To see her beautiful swan from the first group, please click here to visit Elizabeth’s blog.
If any visitor's have additional links to more of her art, please add the links in the comment section so we may all view more of Gina's gorgeous art.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even put it together that Gina's lady was dancing on a stage with a curtain and everything until I went to Liz's blog. I have no idea how I missed this. I guess I was focusing on techniques. Liz posted this one on her blog, too.

    Did you get my message that Day 10 belonged to Kathy and it was the one with the tiny deer?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments! I greatly appreciate your thoughts!