Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Searching for Space...

We all need a little personal space…a larger amount of space from certain people than others~ especially those who wear out their welcome or maybe those personalities that clash with your own. I consider myself an outgoing person in the general sense…not shy by any means. However, I like to spend my personal time and space with a select few…in limited doses, of course. I suppose that is where the statement, “Absence makes the heart grow fonder,” originated from. What they were essentially trying to say was, “Stay away awhile and then I will start liking you again.” There are several ways to handle the situation of the uninvited guest who makes you feel like you are starring in a ‘Groundhog Day’ movie with them. I wanted to scream just from watching the movie…imagine living it! Yes, my sanity is at the verge of a complete meltdown from the repeated scenery of the uninvited guest. It is time to strategize using a mind on the verge of rabid desperation. I have already attempted the, “I have plans and will be leaving soon” only to have uninvited guest invite themselves along. Although this tactic usually works, it is simply not sufficient under these extreme circumstances. I must now resort to moving or installing a gated security fence with cameras along the property boundaries. As you can see, I am way past the locking all doors and closing all blinds scenario. After all, this is an extreme situation. If I could only have my mind returned to a sane state, I could try the rational way of a diplomatic conversation. However, I am already having the gated security fence installed while I am away on vacation.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments! I greatly appreciate your thoughts!